Request a
Free Call Back

Shopping Centre Accident

If you have been injured in a shopping center accident then you have the right to claim for compensation. The law states that it is compulsory that the public places are safe for the people to use and the responsibility for keeping them safe lies in the hand of the employers, landlords or the authorities concerned to be sure that their property is safe for the use of the public. This includes the safety of the foot passages to be safe for walking without any of the problems like loose cables, empty boxes, and damaged carpets. If any of these things happen local authorities are responsible for their repair. If you have suffered an accident in the shopping center then you have full right to file for a compensation claim.

A retail establishment is always responsible for maintaining safe conditions for the public whenever it opens a new business. Whenever a customer suffers shop accidents which results into a serious injury, the situations comes for a serious investigation. This is the duty of the shopping centers managers to fix all the dangerous conditions which can be dangerous for the shoppers. The owners or the managers who do not take care of the safety of the people are responsible for the damages that occur in case of an accident. Equal investigation will be done of the costs and the consequences of the accident that occur because of the negligence of the authorities.

If you injuries are serious and need long time treatment then you can claim more for the sufferings due to the accident. The shopping center accidents can include negligence on the security part or the lack of security, dangerous elevators or escalators, slippery floors and the ice, snow or water. Negligence in the part of the security in stores, restrooms, parking ramps or mall corridors which results in any kind of criminal activity which results into an injury is claimable under law. Even if you are injured with your feet or hands getting stuck in the gaps of the escalators, you are injured due to the lack of inspection or maintenance of the defective escalators then you can claim for compensation as it is negligence on the part of the authority.

You can take the help of an expert accident claim solicitor to get the desired compensation. An expert in this field can tell you the exact figure that you can claim according to the type of injury you have suffered from the accident.

Mrs A was a cook at a large hospital, she was injured when she tripped on a piece of vinyl flooring which had become raised. She suffered a soft tissue knee injury that brought forward pre-existing arthritis by 3 years and she was awarded £4,300.00 within 9 months of instructing Cooks.
"I was kept informed at every step by my Solicitor. A First Class service."
Mrs A of Coventry