No Win No Fee
Request a
Free Call Back

Injured on Public Property

Accidents can take you by surprise and it is likely that if you fall, slip or trip you will be injured in some way.  If you have been injured on public property, you will be entitled to claim compensation. The rules and regulations, however, are different from that of normal claims. Sometimes you may have to file a statement of intent if you wish to file a case against the authorities and claim compensation. The time frame to file these claims is shorter than normal claims. A person who wishes to file a case should keep the time limits in mind.

The procedure can be a bit different and difficult. This is why you should take the help of an experienced attorney to help you out with the case. Sometimes the government agencies may claim that they have immunity to some damages. You need not worry about these instances and ask your lawyer to sort out the case for you. The government will have its own special office for the adjustment of claims. If you want your case to go in the best hands, consider hiring the services of an attorney.

To claim the amount, what needs to be done is that you will have to prove in the court that you were not responsible for the mishap and it occurred due to the negligence of some local governmental authority. If possible you can take some pictures of the place where the accident took place. If there were some witnesses, you should make it a point to take their numbers and addresses and contact them if required in the case. You can take the picture of the area and the defected pavement or any other thing that led to the accident. This will help you as a proof.

If you have to get the travelling and prescription expenses as a part of your public liability compensation claim, you will have to keep the receipts with you as they would work as evidence. There is no better way to file a claim against any government authority if you are injured on public property. You can file a no-win no-fee claim where the attorney would not charge anything from you if you do not win the case. This way you will not have to make any expenses and would get the claim also.
Workplace Accident
Mrs P tripped on an extension lead wire which had been left to run across the floor of her workplace. She had previously complained about the lead however it was not rectified until after her accident. Liability was admitted early in the claim and Mrs P was awarded £1600.00 following consultation with a medico-legal expert.
"I was very sceptical to approach a "no win no fee" firm, but I was happy to have them help me. They were professional, concise and were successful with my claim. I would be very happy to use them and to recommend them."
Mrs P, London

See how much your claim could be worth.

Examples of Compensation Awards for Injury Claims*
Serious Back Injury
Wrist Injury
Serious Neck Injury
Serious Hand Injury
Ankle Injury
Serious Knee Injury
Serious Head Injury

*damages for loss of earnings and other losses and expenses are commonly paid in addition to the injury award and will vary in each case