No Win No Fee
Request a
Free Call Back

Accidents on Public Footpaths

Accident is the one of the most unexpected and undesirable things that one may encounter in his lifetime. Even if you are very careful you never know when you are going to face an accident. One common type of accident is Accidents on Public footpaths. You may sustain slight or serious injuries due to uneven pavements or footpaths. You may slip or fall due to a loose slab. When you are a victim of such accidents in a public place, you are entitled by the law to make compensation claims. However, in order to make a successful compensation claim for accidents in public places, you are required to produce detailed evidence.

When you face an accident on public place, the first thing that you should do is to note it down in your accident book. You will later need your accident book as it contains all the details relating to your accident. Any public place including public buildings and footpaths are required to keep clean and free of obstructions by the law. If there is unsafe area for public passage then the local authority should put signs and symbols to alert the citizen. If they are not performing such an act and if accidents on public footpaths occur, the local authority is responsible for such accidents. So, you could make a compensation claim against the local authority for your injuries. To make a successful claim you will need the help of witnesses who have seen your accident. You can get their names and their contact numbers if you can.

In order to strengthen your compensation claims you could take photographs of your injuries and the uneven area of the footpath were you face the accident. Moreover, you could note down the road name to prove it accurately where you sustain your injuries. You are also required to hire a professional solicitor who has in-depth knowledge in dealing with compensation claims. He or she will guide you through the entire claiming process of your compensation. Moreover, they will help you to get maximum coverage as far as possible. Your compensation claim should involve all the medical costs that you have made in dealing with your injuries. If you have unpaid leaves due to your injuries then you could also include it in your claim. Even if you are not in a condition to afford a professional solicitor, you can still get a solicitor on No Win No fee basis. Such kind of solicitor will not demand any fee if he or she fails to win your claim.

Workplace Accident
Mrs P tripped on an extension lead wire which had been left to run across the floor of her workplace. She had previously complained about the lead however it was not rectified until after her accident. Liability was admitted early in the claim and Mrs P was awarded £1600.00 following consultation with a medico-legal expert.
"I was very sceptical to approach a "no win no fee" firm, but I was happy to have them help me. They were professional, concise and were successful with my claim. I would be very happy to use them and to recommend them."
Mrs P, London

See how much your claim could be worth.

Examples of Compensation Awards for Injury Claims*
Serious Back Injury
Wrist Injury
Serious Neck Injury
Serious Hand Injury
Ankle Injury
Serious Knee Injury
Serious Head Injury

*damages for loss of earnings and other losses and expenses are commonly paid in addition to the injury award and will vary in each case